9.24.2013

Kick Start Self-Improvement Month



I knew I loved September for a reason. It's not just because it holds the one day that ushers in my favorite season. It’s not just because Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back at Starbucks. And it’s not just because I can finally break out my favorite scarves again. (Even though, let’s be honest, I’ve been looking forward to that for months.) No. I found out a few days ago that September is Self-Improvement Month. Ladies, this is right up my alley. While the term “self-improvement” may bring to mind some new-agey mumbo jumbo or generic fix-alls, might I suggest ignoring the term and think about the meaning.
Self: mind, body and spirit. All of these aspects of Self can be improved on individually and can affect the other making the whole.
Improvement: To make better or strengthen. (My short definition obviously.)
For me, the most important part of making a change is making goals. I love making goals! I honestly don’t believe I would accomplish anything if I hadn’t made goals, even if they are as simple as “I will finish this article in an hour” or “I will not go to Target this afternoon because I know I can’t leave without spending $100 and I need to save money.” Too personal? Sorry about that. Everything I learned about goal setting I learned from Lululemon. Seriously. Check out their program. I’ll wait.
Thanks for coming back! So now that you’ve set your goals for improving yourself this month, you need to have some action steps. That’s where we at GirlsGuideTo come in. We have tips and tricks for improving anything and everything in your life. Here are my favorite posts for improving your mind, body and spirit.
Mind9 Simple Tricks to Building Self-Confidence
Be Happy: 9 Things to Stop Doing to YourselfDisorganization, Be Slain!How to Get Sh*t Done5 Secrets of Successful Women4 Questions to Ask Yourself Before You Date Again
Body10 Weight Loss Life LessonsToo Busy to be Healthy? Think Again5 Tricks for Making a Workout Routine StickThe Working Girl Wardrobe Make-UnderHow to Be a Money Pro...Even if You Don't Have Any
SpiritThe Benefits of MeditationTen Steps to a Positive Body Image25 Best Self-Love TipsGratitude: The Key to Abundance9 Ways to Be Kind to Yourself12 Simple Relationship TruthsHow to Let Go and Finally Move On
These are just a few ideas to get you started on your month of improvement. Check out our archives for all the advice and self-improvement tips you need to help you reach your goals.
So make September all about starting over and shifting gears, changing seasons, and making a change. Do something for the first time. Let go of anything that doesn’t make you strong. Take a baby step!
How will you commit to improving this month? Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment